1. These are the terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions") that apply to the Lumino Dental Plan ("Plan") as between you (in your capacity as customer/patient) and us (Lumino Group in our capacity as a health service provider). Please note that your visits to any Lumino Group Practice(s) and the health services provided by us are subject to the existing terms and conditions.
3. The Plan is a 12-month subscription service that entitles you to certain treatments and discounts at a participating Lumino Group practice during the Plan term. The minimum term for the Plan is 12 months. The Plan automatically renews on an ongoing basis at the end of each 12-month period unless you cancel beforehand. The following paragraphs explain in more detail the relevant terms and conditions that apply to the Plan:
4. The Plan membership and its benefits are valid for a period of 12 months from the date you sign up.
5. When you register for the Plan, you commit to the full 12-month term.
6. If you wish to cancel the Plan before the end of the 12-month term, you will not be entitled to any refund and any payments still owing in accordance with clause 24 will be payable by you, regardless of whether you have used any of the Benefits (defined below).
7. The Plan automatically renews at the end of each 12-month term. If you do not wish to renew your Plan, it is your responsibility to notify your Participating Practice (defined below) in writing no earlier than two months and no later than 7 days before the end of the 12-month term that you do not want to renew the Plan for another 12-month term.
8. On or about 15 days prior to the end of the 12-month term for the Plan, Lumino will send you an email reminder about renewing the Plan. If you do not provide notice of cancellation of the Plan within the next 15 days, the Plan will automatically be renewed and you will receive an email confirming the Plan has been renewed for a further term.
9. It is your responsibility to notify us in writing if your contact details change, otherwise we will not be able to contact you and send a reminder to you about the end of the 12-month term and the renewal of the Plan.
10. During the 12-month term, the Plan entitles you to the following benefits ("Benefits"):
a. one standard exam and x-rays;
b. two regular length hygiene appointments. If advanced or additional hygiene care is required, an additional fee will apply. You will be advised of the additional charge prior to the treatment being completed; and,
c. 10% off additional treatments, excluding Dental Implants and Orthodontic services.
11. The 12-month term is an integral part of promoting good oral hygiene through regular care. This Plan may not be suitable for every patient. Your dentist will be able to let you know of the most appropriate treatment course if the Plan is not suitable for you.
12. It is the sole responsibility of the patient to complete the treatments before the expiry of the 12-month term.
13. The Plan is only offered at participating Lumino Group Practices ("Participating Practices"). The Plan cannot be purchased or used at any Oral Surgery, Endodontic and Orthodontic Specialist practices, or any practices that are not Participating Practices. The Plan can only be used at the Participating Practice where you purchased it. If the Plan was purchased online, it can only be redeemed at the Participating Practice selected online.
14. In the event that your selected Participating Practice ceases to offer the Lumino Dental Plan, or if Lumino has to cancel your Plan for reasons beyond your control, Lumino will liaise with you to find a solution that is fair in the circumstances (however, the final decision on any solution will be at Lumino's sole discretion).
15. Before you register for the Plan, you will be informed of the total amount payable by you for the 12-month term (the "Plan Price"). The Plan Price may vary slightly between Participating Practices.
16. The Plan Price is guaranteed to you for the 12-month term of your Plan. However, a Plan that commences after the date you purchase your Plan or if your Plan renews at the end of the 12-month term, may be subject to a price change at Lumino's discretion. Lumino agrees to use reasonable endeavours to inform you of any changes in the Plan Price prior to the automatic renewal of your Plan.
17. Patients may be able to retrospectively purchase the Plan within 24 hours of that patient’s initial hygiene or exam and x-ray appointment, however, this is at the individual Participating Practice’s discretion as not all patients are eligible for the Plan.
18. The Plan is a membership service paid by direct debit via your credit or debit card. You can choose whether the automatic payments are debited on a monthly recurring basis or annual basis (in advance).
20. You authorise Lumino to automatically deduct the Plan Price payments monthly or annually (as specified by you).
21. If payment fails, Lumino will automatically retry to process payments up to 3 times, until successful. If payment still fails, the Lumino Practice Support team will be in touch with you to seek alternative payment or to cancel your plan in accordance with clause 22.
22. Lumino reserves the right to deny the purchase of the Plan, or cancel a Plan where the agreed payment terms have consistently not been met by the customer. In the event that your Plan is cancelled by Lumino because the payment terms have not been met, you will not be entitled to any refund and any payments still owing in accordance with clause 24 will be payable by you, regardless of whether you have used any of the Benefits.
23. You can cancel your Plan for any reason within 5 days of registering for the Plan, in which case you will be liable for the cost of all Benefits used prior to cancellation at the Participating Practice's full recommended retail price. An administration fee of NZ$20 will also apply.
24. You can cancel your Plan at any time during the period from 6 days of registering for the Plan and the date that is 12-months from the date of registering for the Plan by providing written notice to your Participating Practice.
25. If your Plan is cancelled by you in accordance with clause 24 or by Lumino in accordance with clause 22, if you have not received any Benefits at the time of cancellation you will be liable for the balance of the unpaid Plan Price. In the event you have not paid the Plan Price in advance or if you have received any Benefits at the time of cancellation you will be liable for the cost of all Benefits used at the relevant Participating Practice's full recommended retail price, less any amount of the Plan Price paid as at the date of cancellation.
26. Where any amount is owing by you under clauses 23 or 24 Lumino will use reasonable endeavours to give you prior notice in writing of the amount owing on cancellation and you authorise Lumino to charge you that amount using the payment method nominated by you when you registered for the Plan.
27. The Plan is not transferable to another person and cannot be redeemed for cash.
28. The Plan and its benefits cannot be ‘put on hold’ or deferred.
29. Plan benefits are valid for a period of 12 months only and cannot be transferred to and/or roll over into any subsequent Plan.
30. Plan discounts on treatment are not available in conjunction with any other offers or promotions.
31. Patients are solely responsible for advising their Participating Practice if there are any changes to their contact details, including address, phone numbers and/or email addresses and the Participating Practice is not responsible for notifications and reminders failing to meet the Patient.
32. Patients may change the date of their appointment under the Plan in accordance with the Participating Practice's cancellation policy. Please speak to your Participating Practice regarding their specific cancellation policy.
33. In the event a patient fails to cancel an appointment without providing at least 24 hours’ notice to the Participating Practice, it will be at the sole discretion of the Participating Practice as to whether or not the treatment will remain unredeemed under the Plan.
34. If any provider (dentist or hygienist) originally booked by you for a Plan treatment is not available on the appointment date, the treatment will be with another suitably qualified provider. Lumino will make every attempt to contact you to advise you of any unexpected changes made to your appointment.
35. If you are a Southern Cross member, please note they will only honour eligible member claims for the Plan upon redemption of all your Plan treatments (one standard exam and x-ray and two regular length hygiene appointments) and once the Plan has been paid for in full.
36. Afterpay cannot be used to pay for the plan itself. This includes the monthly or annual plan bundle fee.
37. The 10% off further treatment offer cannot be used in conjunction with Afterpay.