Dental hygiene appointments usually involve diagnostic procedures to evaluate the health of your teeth and gums, in addition to treatment tailored to your individual oral health needs.
Your appointment can include:
- A review of your medical history
- Comprehensive assessment of your gum health
- Bacteria testing and saliva analysis
- Thorough cleaning and polishing of your teeth
- Assessment of existing dental restorations
- Evaluation of possible cosmetic enhancements to your smile
- Application of decay preventing agents Individualised oral hygiene instruction including tooth brushing and flossing, counselling in proper nutrition and recommendations for future treatment
- Referral to specialists for specific treatment (as needed).
Depending on the health of your teeth and gums, you may need to visit the hygienist every 3, 6 or 12 months. At each visit, we monitor your customised oral hygiene program with a view to preventing problems rather than treating them years later.