As we are looking to moving into Covid Level 2 alert system. We wanted to take the time to let you know how much we value your health and measures we’ve put in place to minimise the potential spread of COVID-19. We hope you have all been safe and well in your bubbles!
We can all play our part in limiting the spread of the virus, by taking personal responsibility for our health and acting accordingly to respect the members of our community who might be at risk.
As a Specialist Paediatric Dental Practice we have for many years looked after infants, children and adolescents with suppressed immunity. So we have always been very careful with our cleaning and disinfecting protocols to prevent cross contamination and keeping our patients safe.
That means, me, you, our team – everyone – washing hands, covering coughs and sneezes, sterilising and disinfecting the surgery and equipment before and after each patient and of course following the Ministry of Health’s guidelines
Kidz Teeth Approach
What are we doing?
- During Level 2 – Treatment can be provided with minimal use of aerosol producing handpieces and rubber dam. High volume suction always used in conjunction.
- We appreciate there have been a number of patients in acute pain during the lockdown and we have a priority list of children we need to see. Those who are immunocompromised and in pain will be attended to first.
- All caregivers of patients will be personally contacted via phone prior to the appointment and asked if they have any flu/cold like symptoms or feeling unwell or been tested positive for Covid 19. They will be rescheduled if this is the case.
- Routine sterilisation of all dental instruments and disinfecting the equipment and dental chairs after each use. Our staff continue to observe high levels of hygiene (washing hands before and after each patient contact). Wearing gloves and protective personal equipment.
- Disinfecting door handles, Eftpos machines and frequently touched surfaces after each patient.
- Removal of toys and magazines from the waiting areas.
- Reducing wait times in the waiting room. Please call us on 09 521 9003 when you arrive and stay in your car. We will let you know when you can come into the building with your child. This will minimise time in the waiting room and encourage social distancing.
- All patients will have their temperature taken by a contactless digital thermometer placed near their forehead. If your child has a higher than normal temperature, he/she will have to be rescheduled for their appointment.
- All Staff will have their temperature checked on arrival each day.
- Our patient appointment times may be longer and staggered to allow adequate time for sterilisation and disinfecting of the surgery, as well as to minimise patient to patient contact
- We might also look a little different as in addition to our normal scrubs, glasses, gloves and masks we will be wearing additional personal protective equipment (PPE) if needed. This will depend of the level of Covid-19 community transmission, and guidelines from the New Zealand Dental Council and MOH. Rest assured, we will not compromise on our standard of care.
What can you do?
- Use hand sanitiser located at the Reception desk on arrival and when departing Kidz Teeth
- Wash your hands frequently for a minimum of 20 seconds and dry thoroughly.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes.
- Please be considerate - If you or your child are feeling unwell, please stay at home, please do not attend. We need to protect the health of our patients and staff and follow the government guidelines regarding overseas travel and quarantine.
- If your child is anxious, please let them know that we are having a ‘Dental Dress up Day”, so they can join us and wear their favourite superhero outfit – more prizes to win!”. Parents welcome to dress up as well – you might even win a prize!
Considering your wellbeing:
It goes without saying that this is a tricky time for us all. We urge everyone to be calm and kind in how we interact with one another.
Please, if at any stage if you or our child do not feel well, do not come to Kidz Teeth. Instead ring Healthline’s dedicated COVID-19 number on 0800 358 5453.
We are actively following the Government and NZ Dental Council and New Zealand Dental Association guidelines including their advice regarding overseas travel and quarantine.
Take care of yourself, and each other
Nina Vasan, Yaso Ramadas, Katie Bach and the team at Kidz Teeth